Take a stand. Convince with grace.
A step up from regular articles, opinion piece is a space for you to express your views. Though they seem light and short, the construction of one piece takes more than a simple reporting.
Uniting journalism with persuasive approach, you’ll present a stronger case for your stand. Explore various styles and forms to capture the right dose of fact and side. Don’t keep them in your head, let your opinion be heard.
Your viewpoint is worth it, all you need is the tools to craft it better.
1. Brainstorm, expand an outline, and organize your ideas
2. Structure essay with logical flow and critical thinking
3. Write arguments and counter arguments
4. Read and analyze articles
5. Find the most plausible angle and unique writing style
6. Edit and revise to construct the best draft
7. Construct introductory letter/email in complement with opinion piece
HOW IT WORKS
The course is divided into 4 sessions (weekly). The duration of each session is approximately 3 hours.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is perfect for For anyone, professionals or students, who has something to say and would like to share it with the world.
The Jakarta Post has selected a team of expert writers and editors to lead this course, from whom you will learn about writing structure and how to implement its principles of arguments and counter arguments into your piece.
DISCOUNTS & PAYMENT PLANS
We offer 10% discount for all students (ID required) and specific payment plans for individuals and organizations which enroll three or more participants in the same course.